NAPASTYLE ROMANO PITCHER/TUMBLER RECALL FAQ
What products is NapaStyle recalling?
- Romano Pitcher (#4410)
- Romano Tumblers Set of Four (#4411)
- Romano Pitcher and Four Tumblers (#4710)
- Who is the manufacturer of the recalled products?
Il Nodo Ceramics, Italy
IL Nodo Ceramiche SRL
Via Del Piano, 99 50056 Fibbiana/Montelupo (FI)
- Have there been any illnesses?
No, there have been no reported illnesses to date.
- What is the reason for the recall?
The recall was a result of an FDA test that showed that the items may contain lead introduced by the manufacturing process by our supplier.
- What are the dates of distribution of the recalled product?
04/03/2007 to 06/25/2007
- What is NapaStyle doing to prevent a similar occurrence in the future?
NapaStyle will not reorder and will discontinue selling the recalled product.
- What are some of the health problems that can arise from consumption of leachable lead?
Consumption of leachable lead from the ceramicware can cause severe health problems; especially in infants, young children and pregnant women. High lead exposures can cause a baby to have low birth weight or be born prematurely, or can result in miscarriage or stillbirth. Lead can cause damage to the central nervous system, resulting in learning disabilities and behavioral disorders that could last a lifetime. Children with lead poisoning may not look or act sick.
- Where were the pitchers and tumblers distributed?
Through our NapaStyle mail-order catalog, NapaStyle website, and NapaStyle retail stores.
- Provide a description of the tumblers?
These pieces are roughly glazed, with streaks of dark brown clay showing through the variegated green finish.
- Pitcher, 44 oz., 7 1/2" h.
- Four Tumblers, 145 oz., 4 1/4" h.
- What has NapaStyle done in response to the recall?
We have issued a press release, which was distributed through the Associated Press and sent a letter to all customers who purchased the product requesting that the items be sent back for a full refund.
- How can I return my recalled product?
We are asking that you return all products to us, at our expense, for a full refund. Please call our customer service line at 1-866-776-1600
to receive your pre-paid Fed-Ex label and ship to NapaStyle Distribution Center, 360 Industrial Court, Suite A, Benicia, CA 94510
. Simply package up these items, include a packslip (or name/address/order information) and attach the pre-addressed label to the outside of the package. At your convenience you may drop off the package at a Kinko’s or FedEx office. Once the merchandise is received into our office you will immediately be given a full refund or credit. We do ask that you take care of this return within 30 days.