American Barnwood Kitchen Island
Reclaimed from a 19th-century Sonoma barn, each weathered board that makes up our exclusive kitchen island is seeping with agricultural history. I created this piece to give it new life as the ultimate kitchen workspace.
As in professional kitchens, four sheet-pan slides holdprepped ingredients. In the drawer, one side is slotted for our spice tins; the other features a magnetic knife holder. Under the removable maple cutting board, I was sure to include a hidden storage area to keep secret recipes passed down from my nonna.
Five hooks on the back keep pots and pans within easy reach (not above, clanking into my head!). Along the bottom, the corrugated tin, rescued from the barn’s roof, perfectly stores wine bottles. I’ve even mounted a towel holder on the side. 3-4 weeks for delivery. Handcrafted in California of antique barn wood; each is one-of-a-kind. 50 x 30 x 36" h.
This item is no longer available for purchase
- 95% of this kitchen island is made from reclaimed materials
- Designed by MC to accommodate all the things he likes to have at his fingertips when cooking
- Includes 6 pan slides that fit half baking sheets (cookie sheets),
- Drawer is divided and sized to be able to fit NapaStyle salt and spice tins
- Magnetic knife storage in drawer
- Hidden compartment under cutting board to store secret family recipes
- Has 5 pot hooks on back side for pots and pans to be hung
- Removable maple cutting board on island working surface
- Wine bottle storage at bottom on corrogated metal
- Cubby hold storage shelf under drawer
- Storage under pot hooks
- Kitchen towel holder mounted on side of island
Handcrafted in California of antique barn wood; each is one-of-a-kind. 50 x 30 x 36" h.